Check for Requests Needing Volunteers
Most service requests are filled by volunteers signing up online. We only actively seek volunteers when it is less than four working days until the service is needed, there is reason to believe that the service will be unusually hard to fill, or the member has requested a specific volunteer and we think this is a reasonable request.
1. If it is not already up, bring up the Service and Service Requests screen which shows all service requests. A service request which has not yet been accepted by a volunteer should have a status of "Requested" and have no volunteer's name listed in the calendar.
2. On the left side of the screen, under "Request Status", check only the Requested box. Make sure that all the services that are visible have no volunteer assigned. In general, we only consider services occuring in the next four working days. Begin with the unassigned service requests that are closest to being needed, and work out until you have found volunteers for all requests up to four days away.
3. View the unassigned requests for service by doing the following:
- On the left panel, under Request Status, select "Requested" and then uncheck all the other boxes.
- The remaining services on the calendar are those in the selected category, such as transportation requests, that are not yet assigned.
4. Select the request you want to schedule by clicking on the calendar.